Information notice pursuant to art. 13 of EU Regulation no. 2016/679
This information notice describes the way in which RackOne Srl and its affiliates (“RackOne” or “Us/Our/We”) manage private and personal data, and how RackOne is committed to protecting the privacy of its customers and users.
However, one document is simply not enough to cover all the aspects and doubts regarding data processing. RackOne will therefore provide you with further information about specific products or services, forming an integral part of this information notice, in order to keep its customers up to date on the other purposes of data collection.
1. What personal data is collected by RackOne and its affiliates?
We collect a range of personal data from you, such as: name, surname, social media profile images, telephone number, e-mail address, age and place details.
You will directly provide a lot of information yourself. Numerous services allow users to create accounts or profiles. We therefore ask users to provide the necessary account information, such as e-mail address, postal address, telephone number, payment method.
We may collect system and application data from the devices that you use, including the name of the device, the version of the system and of the applications, regional settings and language, the ID number of the device, information on the geographic location, the ID of your provider’s network, and the IP address that you use to access the internet.
We may collect log information, such as the time and duration of use of our services, the search criteria that you enter using our services and any information stored in the cookies used by our websites.
Lastly, we may receive your data from publicly and commercially available sources, in accordance with the law, and we may receive information that relates to you from third-party social networks, should you decide to access your account on our websites through your Facebook or Twitter account.
2. How we use your data:
We may use your data, freely disclosed and acquired, to:
- process purchase orders for products or services, activate or check the products or services, make changes to your request and provide you with technical assistance;
- contact you, with your specific consent to do so, to send information about products and services that may interest you or to send market surveys or provide you with direct marketing information;
- carry out in-house audits, data analysis and research to improve our products and services;
- analyse the efficiency of our business transactions and our market share;
- provide troubleshooting services should you choose to send us information about the errors encountered;
- improve our programmes to prevent loss and fraud.
If the provision of a cloud service is required, it should be noted that RackOne does not access or use the contents inserted by Customers and therefore will remain solely responsible for the security of the infrastructure, whereas Customers will remain responsible for the security of their data and associated applications.
3. Collection and use of non-identifiable information:
“Non-identifiable information” refers to information that cannot be used to identify the specific person.
RackOne may collect aggregated statistical information, such as the number of visitors to your website. The purpose of collecting this information is to better understand how people use your website, your products and services. In this way, RackOne can improve and simplify the visibility of your website in order to better meet users’ needs. RackOne may, at its sole discretion, collect, use, process, transfer or disclose non-identifiable information for other purposes.
We undertake to attempt to keep your personal data and non-identifiable data separate and to use each type of information separately. Should personal data be combined with non-identifiable information, then said combination shall be handled as personal data for as long as it is combined in this way.
4. How RackOne discloses your personal data:
RackOne shall not sell your personal data to third parties. However, it may disclose said data under the following circumstances:
- Disclosure with specific consent to do so: after obtaining your consent, RackOne may share your data with the parties indicated, and in the way chosen by you;
- Disclosure to RackOne affiliates: your personal data shall be shared with RackOne’s affiliates and, in accordance with the information notice, we shall not disclose more than the minimum information required to our affiliates;
- Disclosure to authorised partners (“our partners”): RackOne may need to provide products and services through its partners. RackOne may therefore share your data with said partners in order to provide you with the products and services that you have requested. It is forbidden for our associates and Partners to use the disclosed personal data for any other purpose;
- Disclosure of personal data subject to mandatory legal requirements or that is otherwise reasonably necessary: RackOne may disclose your personal data if required to do so by law, legal proceedings, disputes or upon request of public or government authorities. Your personal data may also be disclosed to third parties involved in transactions in which RackOne is already involved in the reorganisation, merger or bankruptcy proceedings. We may also disclose your information under circumstances deemed to be reasonably necessary, including the enforcement of terms and conditions to protect our customers.
5. How to access, change and alter personal data:
You have the right, at any time:
- to manage your personal data, with the exception of certain circumstances provided for by law.
Should you wish to exercise this right to access your data, please send an e-mail to the following address: privacy@Rackone.it
For security reasons, we may require you to provide a request in writing;
- to obtain the rectification or erasure of said data or the restriction of processing regarding said data. Upon request, RackOne shall eliminate or correct the information based on your instructions. To do this, you can contact us by sending an e-mail to: privacy@Rackone.it
In any case, RackOne reserves the right to deny such a request should it reasonably believe that it has been made in bad faith, is extremely unfeasible or if access has otherwise been requested by national law;
- to object to processing, as long as the processing isn't strictly linked to the supply of products or services that are not yet complete or to legal requirements. In this case, we will not be able to complete your orders;
- to data portability. For this, you may contact us directly, or have someone else contact us, by sending an e-mail to the address: privacy@Rackone.it
In any case, you will only be able to transfer your data if there are no arrears.
- to withdraw consent. To do this, you may contact us by sending an e-mail to the address: firstname.lastname@example.org;
- to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority (Data Protection Authority).
6.How RackOne protects your data:
RackOne gives great importance to the security of your personal data.
That’s why we comply with high industry standards for protecting personal data against unauthorised access, disclosure, use, amendments, damages or loss.
We take all reasonable practical steps to protect personal data, for example: we use encryption to guarantee data confidentiality; we use reliable safeguards to protect data from malware attacks; we have implemented mechanisms to control visits, granting access only to authorised employees; we ensure that employees understand the importance of personal data protection by providing training on security and awareness-raising sessions on privacy protection.
We only store your data for the amount of time necessary to fulfil the purposes stated in the present information notice and we do not store said data for any longer than is necessary, unless a longer period is required or permitted by law.
Although we shall take the utmost care to protect your personal data, please note that no safety measure is perfect or 100% inviolable.
7. How RackOne manages the personal data of minors:
Although our products and services are mainly meant for adults, if personal data of a minor is collected pursuant to legal requirements or with the consent of the parents, then we shall only use or disclose said data to the extent provided for by law, with the consent of the parents in accordance with law and national regulations or to protect the minor.
If we become aware that we have collected the personal data of a minor, without the prior verifiable consent of the parents, then we shall take the necessary steps to eliminate this information as quickly as possible.
8. Third-party suppliers and their services:
RackOne may be provided with external, third-party content or hypertext links. We have no control over third parties, so you shall be entitled to choose whether or not to access the relative links or content or use their services or products.
9. How personal data is transferred internationally:
Products and services may be provided using resources and servers situated in different countries around the world. Access to personal data or the actual data may therefore be transferred outside of the country. These countries may not have laws in place that specifically refer to personal data protection, or their data protection laws may be different. In such cases, RackOne shall ensure that the same level of protection is implemented and that it is adequate, in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
10. How to contact RACKONE SRL:
For any questions, comments or suggestions, please contact our DPO by sending an e-mail to: email@example.com
The Data Controller is RackOne Srl, with legal headquarters in Noventa di Piave (VE) Via Calnova n. 119 – 30020 Venice, Italy, Tel. +39 0421 1885889, Fax +39 0421 1887178.
The updated list of the persons in charge of processing, both internal and external to RackOne, may be consulted at the RackOne Srl offices.